Kempen Run Hapert 2016
I was looking straight into the sun so had to be creative:
- I positioned myself in the shade of the banner to avoid reflections in the lens. Had the added benefit of giving a dramatic low viewpoint perspective. Had the disadvantage of hurting my knees.
- Used on-camera flash to compensate for the strong sunlight
- Used AI focus and started tracking when the runners were about 10 meters away.
- Precision timing was of the essence; tried to capture the clock without the runner being in front of it.
- Highlights corrected to almost zero to bring back some detail in the sky and the banner
- Shadows upped quite a bit to bring light back in the face
- Blacks dropped somewhat to bring some pop back into the image.
- Brightened the face and torso slightly with the adjustment brush in lightroom.
- Added a touch of vibrance.